Deciding whether you should rent or own your trade show booth can depend upon multiple factors playing into your trade show display equation. As a trade show marketer, it’s important to ask yourself some questions before making the decision to purchase your next exhibit or consider a trade show booth rental. For example; How many shows do you exhibit at each year? Does your company exhibit at multiple shows per year, with some shows happening simultaneously? What do you want in terms of look, size, and feel of your trade show display from show to show? Does the convenience of renting appeal to you? If you buy, are you able to maintain the display? Answers to these questions will give you a better idea of whether or not you should rent or buy your next trade show display. Check out our list of pros and cons to each side below.
Trade Show Booth Rental Pros
- Stay trendy. A trade show booth rental allows your company to stay on top of trends and the latest technologies. As we all know, first impressions are everything. When you rent your trade show booth, you have the flexibility to change your exhibit from show to show. Change up the size and layout of your booth and add in the newest trade show lighting technique and you are good to go. You also have more of your budget to use towards custom design, brand graphics, and a larger footprint.
- Convenience. When you own your trade show booth, you have to deal with maintaining, shipping, and storing the display after the show is over. When you rent, the booth is not yours to ship or store. This saves your company time and money.
- No maintenance and repair costs. When you rent your booth, taking care of the “wear and tear” of the booth is not your responsibility. Although these expenses are normally minimal, they can still add up!
Trade Show Booth Rental Cons
- Availability. If you don’t plan in advance, booth availability may become an issue.
- Wear and Tear. Rental exhibits tend to be used a little too hard. Choose the outfit that you rent your booth from wisely as some may show damage from previous use, or from issues with shipping and handling.
- Cost is higher over time. If your company is exhibiting displays at several trade shows per year, renting a booth could end up costing you more than owning a booth.
Trade Show Booth Ownership Pros
- Cost. If you exhibit your booth at multiple shows per year, chances are that your booth is paying for itself. You will save money in the long run by owning your trade show booth.
- Control. You have absolute control over your trade show display. The way it looks, how big it is, how well it is packaged to be shipped, and where it’s stored. Trust us, you can have a lot of fun building your booth, choosing the materials and finishes that will make it perfect.
Trade Show Booth Ownership Cons
- Cost. As an owner, you will be responsible for storing your booth, shipping it, and the repairs that will pop up from time to time.
- Being out of date. As you have customized your booth the exact way that you like it, there’s a strong chance that it may become out of date in the future, and with trends moving at light speed this could happen sooner than you’d like. Updating your look and feel can be expensive.
- Upfront expense. Be prepared to shell out some money for all of the upfront costs associated with purchasing a trade show booth.
Hopefully the above questions and list of pros and cons has given you a better outlook on whether or not you should rent or own your trade show display. If you’d like more information on the pros and cons of trade show booth rental or ownership, or to check out our products, contact us today!