When you’re headed to a trade show, you want to share the products you’re taking with you with everyone on your social media contact list, not to mention ensuring that potential leads in the area come out to support your business. In order to more effectively manage your social strategy, it’s a good idea to brainstorm social network ideas before your event. That also means adhering to the rules of social media etiquette. Using the right social media tools will help you gain exposure before the trade show even begins and help you to make a connection with quality leads. Here are our social media tips to guide you through the do’s and don’ts of social media marketing to ensure you make an impression (in the right way)!
- Know Your Audience: Not only should you know what digital platforms your audience is on, you should tailor your content to fit their needs.
- Create a Social Media Calendar: Have a plan! You need a social media calendar that maps out what you plan to accomplish for your event and when posts will appear. Scheduling many of those posts in advance will help streamline your experience and free up your time for other tasks. Social media tools like Hootsuite are great for this.
- Create a Teaser Video: If you’re introducing a new product at the show, create a YouTube video trailer and share it on all your social media platforms to create buzz before the show.
- Find the Official #Hashtag: Do your research and find out the official trade show hashtag. Connect with people who are engaging with the hashtag and create a post utilizing the hashtag to announce your attendance.
- Use Giveaways: If you’re brainstorming event marketing ideas, social media marketing can be a great platform to announce your giveaways. You can even make social media the contest for your giveaway. Examples of this can be to have a scavenger hunt on your social platforms to find a certain image or hashtag, or if you join our social network and like the first couple posts you’ll be entered to win.
- Overdo Hashtags: #your #customers #dont #want #to #de #code #this #message. Always use a couple of the most relevant hashtags and leave out the irrelevant tags that can make your post look like spam.
- Forget to Live-Stream: Connect live from the event to share more information with your followers and encourage them to visit your booth. If you have a product or service you can demonstrate live streaming can be a great way to create buzz around your booth.
- Be Too Sales Focused: Of course, we want you to promote your business and the product and services you are selling, but consider accomplishing that goal in a fun and engaging way.
- Forget to Double Check…Everything: The last thing you need is for a link you shared to be broken. Make sure all aspects of your website are working properly and your content is free of errors.
- Procrastinate: Planning ahead is one of the most effective ways to ensure that you’ll accomplish everything on your list while you’re at the trade show.
Keeping up with social media marketing might be the last thing on your mind when you’re headed to a trade show, but it’s important to keep up with it and other event marketing strategies. If you are interested in growing your business through trade show marketing, contact us!